Thursday, September 4, 2014

Unleashing my inner goddess

And it's not a Fifty Shades of Grey thing. I haven't even read those books.

Rather it is this week's outfit challenge, thought up by me for myself and Marijke.

In other words, choose a god or goddess and allow him or hew to inspire you.

Marijke chose Athena (visit her blog!) and I chose the Morrighan. She is from pre-christian Celtic mythology. Wikipedia states that "The MorrĂ­gan is a goddess of battle, strife, and sovereignty. She sometimes appears in the form of a crow, flying above the warriors.".

Sounds pretty badass, right?

So here's what I made of it (I cropped out my head as it just looked weird in the photo):
                                       
My black skirt from last Sunday is making a reappearance along with a black top in the gothic style that has a lot of pointy bits that could totally be feathers. You can't see it too well in the photo so click here to see it in green.

Make-up is a smoky eye with lots of black and purple and dark red nails. Lacy black scarf to keep my unruly hair in one place and to top it all off: my necklace with the silver raven skull pendant to get it that extra Morrighany edge.

I was a bit apprehensive wearing this into work as the water outfit with dark green eye make-up got a lot of attention but either this is more toned down somehow or I look to scary to invite comments. Either way, I had the guts to walk into work with it without toning it down. Yay me!

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment