Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lush Cosmetics Review

I tried spelling make-up, makeup, make up a few times. Nothing felt right so I settled for cosmetics instead.

This post is a bit overdue, my attention has been elsewhere. But I have been using the products I bought for a while now so at least I know what's what.

So without further ado!

Eyes Right Mascara (I was about to spell massacre :-S)
This mascara has claims to not irritate the eyes like other mascaras sometimes do. I too suffer from irritated eyes when wearing mascara sometimes and I have to say the claim holds up! The other thing I like about this is the compactness of the packaging, which has actually been held against it. People have not enjoyed using the little brush but it took very little getting used to from me and I like that it does not take up a lot of space. When my online order arrived, it even came with a normal sized mascara brush but I haven't used that yet. Other than that it is a nice, normal mascara. It may make the lashes feel a bit nicer, but that could be a placebo effect from its lash conditioning claim. It clumps no more and maybe a little less than other mascaras. I will say it is not waterproof. I think I have been getting a touch of hayfever because my lunchtime walks often have me end up with watering eyes. Last week I got some looks in the office and when I went to the bathroom it turned out I have panda eyes. But as long as you're not tearing up, you're good with this one!



Strong Liquid Lipstick
This is from Lush's Emotional Brilliance line. I don't take the spinning wheel thing overly seriously, but I would no say no to feeling stronger. But essentially it was part of my purchases to make my outlook a bit sunnier, I wanted an lippy with orange tones. This one certainly has that and I love the colour. It comes out a little bit pink on me unless I wear a lot but I have gotten compliments in the office that the shade suits me so it's all good. It's not overly drying but not moisturising. It goes on quite nicely with the little applicator and I use my fingers as well. It is highly pigmented and quite liquid so you have to be careful when applying and I recommend kissing a tissue. Another word of advice is to apply this in daylight if you can because it is quite intense and nobody likes clowns, I know I don't. 

I have a new phone (Nokia Lumia 820=awesome!) so decided to take a few shots of myself wearing the makeup (plus shadows from Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette and their BB Cream Urban Defense). Here's one. The lippy looks very pink here for some reason. It's a daylight shot. 

Thanks for reading, I hope it was useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment